Friday, July 10, 2009

Holy Huge Breakfast, Batman!

This morning I was SO hungry when I woke up, I was tempted to just grab whatever was ready to shove into my mouth. That would usually have equated to packaged cookies, muffins, or the like. But not any more! I forced myself to cook (and used up some leftovers in the process. I love that).

I didn't take a picture. I forgot because I was so hungry.

Fajita Huevos Rancheros
------------------------------------------
2 tsp. olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 roma tomoto, chopped
1 cup cooked Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup Chicken Fajita Chili (leftovers from 4th of July BBQ)
1 and 1/2 cups Egg Beaters
3 ounces Cabot 75% Fat Free Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Sautee the veggies in the olive oil until just softened. Set aside. Mix the chili and beans and warm in the microwave until steaming. Scramble the egg substitute in the pan from the veggies. Then assemble your breakfast in a large, shallow bowl in layers: first the rice, then the chili/bean mixture, topped with the veggie mixture and eggs. Sprinkle cheese on top. Makes 3 servings.

Couldn't calculate accurate nutrition stats because I didn't make the chili and had to guess on the points...but I guessed based on WW food listings. One serving of this is about 6 points. You can even add a small La Tortilla Factory Tortilla for 0 extra points!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Breakfast Batman!
    Great name, sounds like a farmers breakfast!

    I can't wait to try it sometime when I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete