Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting Started...

So, my good friend Carol over at www.uncoveringfood.com has been doing a healthy foodie type of BLOG thing for a while. I have always admired her and use her recipes all the time. Recently I expressed jealousy at her following and made a comment that I wished I had time to do the same thing. She pointed out that if she has the time (with a very busy job that requries a lot of travel), then I have the time! So here we go.

I don't know if I will be very regular or organized in my posts, but it's worth a shot, right?

A little about me: I am a busy mom of four boys - stepsons ages 14, 13, and 11, and a 7-year-old. I own a martial arts school and teach classes to children and adults. I work in the afternoon and evenings and I bring the kids to the karate school with me. I use my mornings to get in my own karate training, work out at the gym, do housework, and run errands.

I have been on an on again/off again (but mostly off) Weight Watchers journey for the past 10 years, trying to lose lots of extra pounds that accumulated since my sedentary teenage years. This time around, I have been going strong for 9 months and have lost 75 pounds. This BLOG will include a lot of Weight Watchers (or WW for short) mentions, I am sure.

Please feel free to leave me your honest feedback and suggestions. If you have taken the time to read this far, I hope you will stick around!

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! I am expecting some progress pics at some point! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! I came across your blog when I was searching for karate blogs. Seventy-five pounds...that is fantastic!

    My husband and I have a small traditional karate school (Okinawa Kenpo).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment! Where is your school located? I should get some more karate talk in here...but running a school and training for my next degree take up all the time I want to spend thinking about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete