Thursday, March 26, 2009

Recipe: Berry Yogurt Sundae




So, I know that the idea of mixing plain nonfat Greek yogurt with berries is not new. But I was having some and decided to post my little spin on it as my first recipe post. It has a good tart/sweet thing going on, with some crunch. The antioxidants from the berries and protein from the yogurt make this filling snack or dessert a winner!




--Yogurt Berry Sundae--

- 1 cup unsweetened frozen berries (I like to use Trader Joe's 'berry
cherry' blend)
- 1/2 cup Fage total 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 ounce walnut halves, diced
- 2 tsp. sugar-free pancake syrup (I use Mrs. Butterworth's)
- pinch ground cinnamon

Put the berries in a bowl and allow to thaw slightly (about 5 minutes). Top with Fage. Sprinkle on walnut pieces, drizzle on syrup, and sprinkle cinnamon over the top. Let sit for a few minutes to allow the yogurt to get really cold and thick.




Nutritionals (yours may vary depending on the berries you use): 190 calories, 4.5 g fat, 5.5 g fiber, 60 mg sodium, 12 g protein




WW points: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment