Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday is Weigh-In Day! (and running)

I weighed in this morning and was pleasantly surprised on the scale. Despite a rough weekend, I lost 2.1 pounds. My total lost is now 75.8! Too bad I don't go to meetings or I could have gotten a 75-pound award. That would have been super fancy!

Ok, so, probably the main reason why I had that big loss was because I earned 68 Activity Points (APs for short) for the week. But that's ok. I don't mind putting in those hours exercising. Exercise has many more benefits than just weight loss. It lowers cholesterol, helps you sleep better, increases heart health, reduces stress, and is good for the bones. I still journalled everything and stayed within my weekly points and APs. I am just scared that as I get closer to goal weight, I won't be able to "get away" with that so easily. I am scared of maintenance. I hardly ever just maintain. For me it is a gain or a loss. But I'm not going to cross that bridge until I come to it.

I think I am going to eat a banana now and then go squeeze in a run before I go to some appointments. I should have run Monday and didn't. I only have time to do 4 miles this morning, so I will have to run a little further on Friday. Then Sunday I don't know what I want to do for my long run. Should I bump up to 16 or do a shorter run for a recovery week? Maybe 8 miles?

1 comment: